Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big name music comes to the Mil!

For the doubters and naysayers that seem to always have the same old thing to say about Milwaukee, “man, there’s never anything to do!” YOU’RE WRONG!

I’ve been wonderfully blessed to attend some awesome concerts just this summer alone. I attended the Kanye West show at the Marcus Amphitheater at the end of June and I’m still reeling at how breathtaking it was. It was not just a concert, it was a spectacle. First off, I just knew what he was going to come out to… H.A.M. In my mind, that was the song that was going to drive the audience bananas and make us jump up out of our seats. And sure enough, the music to H.A.M. came blaring out and the crowd rose to their feet in droves! Then, this man came out the audience. I was done! Now, anytime somebody wants to take that risk with crazed and hyped fans consuming you, there’s nothing I can say aside from "I hope you have insurance!"
I swooned at the Musiq Soulchild concert on the Briggs & Stratton stage at Summerfest. It happened to fall on the best day of the year… MY BIRTHDAY in early July! He sang a couple of his hits, but what I was mostly excited about was him performing songs from his new album MagiqInTheMusiq which I absolutely adore. Musiq has always been a consistently good artist (he’s the Fabolous of R&B music) so I was geeked at the chance to see him perform live again.
Lastly, the man they call Lil Tunechi himself graced our amphitheater. Yeah, Rick Ross was there and got winded singing only one verse per song… but Lil Wayne is a charismatic show-stopper and I’m so glad I was able to see him perform in his prime. The last time I saw that young man was the Hot Boyz concert and that was hood city. At any rate, I told my boo I knew what song he was going to open with too, I’m Goin In! And sho’nuff, that was his opener and it cracked… HARD! He was very entertaining!


We’ve had Janet ,Ms. Jackson if you’re nasty come this past weekend as a stop on her#1s Tour, the Jersey Boys show was just here (I really want to see a Broadway show) and shucks MC Hammer was at State Fair… so there’s a plethora of big names that come to lil ol’ Milwaukee! Go check them out!

3's UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment